I guess I will start at the beginning by telling what happened on Friday. I woke up Friday morning and was eating breakfast and a molar on my bottom left side was a bit tender when I would chew. I took something for it and went on with my day. As the day wore on my tooth, gum and jaw area around the tooth began to ache. I thought to myself, "Hopefully I can just take ibuprophen and get through the weekend until Monday. My dentists office is closed on Fridays and so I figured I would have to get by until Monday. Well by dinner time I could hardly chew and when Lyndon and I went to dinner that evening I had to chew slowly and chew on my right side. To put it lightly I had a very rough night. My jaw ached and throbbed all night. When I got up at 7:00 a.m. Lyndon said you need to call our dentists and see what is going on. So I called him and woke him up. I felt pretty bad having to wake him up that early, but I was in a lot of pain. I explained what was going on and he said he would meet me in his office at 8:45 a.m. I did so and after xrays found that I had a very infected absess tooth. It had already had a root canal done on it several years ago and my dentist said it was done quite poorly and that is why I was having the problem now. He said that he would call around and see if he could get me in to a endodontist, but wasn't sure who would be willing to do it on a saturday. He found one, Dr. Bruce Kochevar. He set up and appt. with me for 4:00 p.m. that afternoon.
Well to tell you a little about what was going on this weekend. On saturday we had a funeral to attend in our ward at 11:00 a.m. Then at 2:00 p.m. there was a baptism in the stake that Lyndon wanted me to attend with him. It was also our stake conference weekend to top it all off. We were doing a dinner for the stake presidency and those that work with them just before the evening adult session Saturday evening. Then at 7:00 p.m. was the first session of the conference. Well I missed the funeral because I was waiting for the endodontist to call me, which he did during that time. I was in so much pain that I didn't attend the baptism with Lyndon and then at 4:00 p.m. I went to have oral surgery done on this tooth. So I missed the dinner and the adult session.
My surgery went well. Erin came with me because Lyndon was so busy with church things that he had to attend to. It was nice to have her go with me and drive me home afterwards. They had to cut my gum open and do the surgery and so I am swollen and have stitches which will come out on Tuesday. I sat at home that evening ice packing my cheek and feeling sorry for myself for having to miss the conference, but also greatly relieved and blessed that an endodontist was will to do the surgery for me. It was a blessing from my Heavenly Father and I know it is true.
I was also one of the speakers for the Sunday morning session of the conference and I knew I wouldn't be able to speak with all the pain my jaw was going through. So I was truly blessed. I woke up this morning looking like a lopsided chipmunk and a bit sore, but I was greatful that I could attend the conference and give the talk that I had prepared. At first I told Lyndon that I couldn't go looking like I did. Then the thought came to my mind of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was tared and feathered and beaten and then the next day came and spoke to a congregation that came to hear him speak. I decided that my swollen cheek was nothing in comparison to that. My talk went well and it was a wonderful conference. I also sang in the stake choir and felt angel singing with us. It was truly a blessing to be there. I love the gospel with all my heart and want to serve and do as my Heavenly Father would like me to do.
My mom is coming this afternoon and will be spending 4 days with us. I am excited to have her here and get to spend some time with her. She is coming with my sister, who is going to Provo to help her daughter in law, Liz Thompson. By the way Liz and David's new baby is so darling. I am so happy for them. I know Cindy is looking forward to getting to help her. It has be a a wonderful and miraculous weekend and I am truly blessed.
2014 Mountain Biking Heat maps
11 years ago

1 comment:
Mom! I am so sad I didn't know about your tooth. And I am sorry that I wasn't able to be of any help to you. I am glad your talk went well and that you were able to get the dental attention you needed. I am looking forward to seeing you and grandmama on Tuesday. Call me if you need anything. Love you!
Post a Comment