
During our Thanksgiving family get-together for the Cook family. Jenn took pictures of everyone. She did a really great job with the pictures. I am finally getting around to doing it in digital. I actually like this picture of Lyndon and myself.
We have been married 29 years and 3 months. The years have flown by and I am still very much in love with my sweetheart and best friend. When we were first married I thought I knew what love was. As the years have gone by in raising children, having health issues and many other challenges that life brings I have learned that my love for this man has grown and that I love him more deeply than I did when we were first married. I have been so blessed with a man who loves me and loves our children and grandchildren. Who honors his priesthood and is kind and so very giving not only to his family, but to those that he works with in and out of the church. I learn something from him
each and everyday. I know that he is not perfect and neither am I, but we are striving together to be the best that we can be each day.
We spent the day in the Draper Temple today and it was so wonderful to be there and feel the sweet spirit that resides in that beautiful, dedicated building. It was our stake temple day and out stake conference is this coming Sunday. I am singing with our ward in the Saturday night session of conference and then with the stake choir during the Sunday session. I love singing in the choir. We are also doing a dinner for the stake presidency, wives and a few others just before the Saturday evening session of the conference. I am looking forward to this wonderful weekend. One sad note....A man in our ward, Mark Whetman passed away last friday and his funeral is this Saturday at 11:00 a.m. He had A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease) It is sad and hard. He was my age. We never know what life will bring us and we need to live righteously and endure to the end. I know that Mark did just that. As the saying goes...This life is the time to prepare to meet God. I am so grateful for the gospel and my family and I know that I am truly blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment