Sunday, February 21, 2010

Digital pic and some blogging!

Today is Sunday and I had a few minutes and just had to do a couple more pictures. It has been a really nice Sunday so far. Our meetings were wonderful and I really felt the spirit in each meeting. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is a blessing and comfort to me to have the knowledge that I have because of the gospel.

We have Stake Conference coming up on March 6th and 7th. Our ward choir is singing a musical number for the adult meeting on Saturday night and so we have been practicing really hard to be prepared. The music is beautiful and it will be a great experience to perform. I am also singing in the stake choir for the conference. I have enjoyed the practices for that too! Being involved in the church brings many blessing and keeps us busy, but that is what this life is all about. I

I was asked a year ago, as a task assignment to work in the laundry for a year. It was on the third Tuesday and if there was a fifth Tuesday also. I am coming up on a year and now they are wanting people to become a temple worker and be set apart for the calling and do it once a week. I thought about it and decided that I had the time and love doing it. I serve on Tuesdays from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. I am a morning person and so it is not too hard to get up. I feel like Heavenly Father has blessed I am my family so very much that I need to serve in the temple and will find it a joy to do. I love the temple. It is a place of peace and love.

This coming weekend Lyndon and I are going to California for a business trip. We are flying down on Friday and planning to go to the Los Angeles Temple while there. We will be up in Burbank, CA for the business end of the trip. I am looking forward to spending time with Lyndon. I so enjoy being in his company. He is a wonderful man and I love him truly. It should be fun and it will be fun to be together. Well, I guess it is time to head to stake choir practice. Life is good and I hope it stays that way!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the picture you scrapbooked of my girls. So cute! I also really love reading your blog. You're such an upbeat person. Have fun in California!