Thursday, January 21, 2010

It is almost the end of January and where has the month gone?

Well I haven't posted for awhile. I thought I better catch up. I went to my mom's in Pocatello, last friday. Her birthday was on the 18th and so I spent four days up there and had a really great time. We made cards together and visited and in general just enjoyed each others company. My sister and her hubby and kids came up on Saturday and we all had a lot of fun together. It was good to see my sister, Marla. We only live 50 min. from each other, but it sure is hard finding time to get together more often. I guess it is because she works and I don't and she has grade school kids. I guess we are just in different times in our lives. Marla is so cute and talented and I just love her and love to be around her.

My mom and all of my siblings, excluding Cindy, got together for birthday dinner Saturday night and it was fun to eat and get to visit with all of them. I don't get to see Doug and Lisa that often either and so it was fun seeing them also. Then on Sunday evening we all gathered at Cindy's home and had a pancake dinner. Cindy is so kind and so good to let us all come to her home to be together. She has a lot of room and so it makes it nice to gather there. Then we played a couple of games of Spades. We had two teams going and our team played about 5 rounds compared to the other team because we played "Suicide Spades". It was really fun and went quick! Then we played Pictionary and to start out our team was losing, but we pulled a head and won the game. Hurray for us! It was so much fun! Then we played a game called "Murder". You have to guess who the murderer was, the instrument used to do the murder with and then the place the murder to place in. We all had a good time playing it. I even think Doug liked it. Hee! Hee!

Then on Monday morning I got all my stuff packed up and we did a card or two more and then the ladies, meaning Myself, Mom, Cindy, Lisa and Marla all went to lunch because it was mom's birthday. She is 69 years young, she really looks like she is still in her fifties. She is such a pretty lady and I love her so much. She means the world to me. I am grateful for her and her good example to me all of my life.

This week Erin has been her quite a bit. Not that she wanted to be, but they have had doctor appt.'s ect. and so she and Phia have been good company to me. We are going to sew slippers today and when I get them done I will post a picture of them. I am excited to make them. Well I guess that is all folks. Have a good day everyone. Oh and by the way, I lost a pound two weeks ago at W.W.'s and I missed last Monday, because of being in Idaho. I hope to have a good loss this coming Monday.

No comments: