Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun Weekend!

We had a fun weekend. It was Grandma Cook's 81st birthday and the family was have a party for her in Idaho Falls at Corwin and Marilyn's home. Here are all the details....

I got all packed and then about 1:30 Lyndon called to tell me to meet him at his store and we would go from there. I got down there, ran in to say hi to Todd and then we were off. We had an enjoyable drive to Pocatello. I always enjoy it when I get Lyndon to myself. It is not often that we get to have that time together with busy schedules and all. Danna had asked us to pick Grandma up at Ed's home and so we did. As we were driving down Ed's street, who do we see walking up the street all bundled up. It was none other that Grandma going for a walk. We stopped and picked her up and she was very surprised to see us and wanted to know why we were in Pocatello. We just laughed and teased her about not remembering that it was her birthday. We stopped at Ed's to let him know we had picked her up and then we went over to the Red Lion Hotel and met Don, Danna and Rachelle and rode up to Idaho Falls with them. We arrived about 6:00 p.m. Right on time.

Everyone was there except....Les and Janey, Ken and Karleen and Ed. We had a good time visiting and eating and playing games. It was fun to see all the brothers and sisters and their spouses. We always have a good time when we are together. Marilyn prepared and nice dinner. Lasagna, two different kinds of salad and bread. Then for dessert she had a really pretty cake and ice cream too. We all sang Happy Birthday to grandma. What was funny was 5 minutes later as we were eating cake grandma asked us if we had sang happy birthday to her and we all laughed and teased her a bit and then sang to her again in a funny slow way.

Grandma is an amazing lady. I admire her so much! She raised 10 wonderful, happy, responsible and fun-loving children. She had to of had the patience of Job. She has taught me a lot over the years as I have known her. She is faithful and valiant and I am so grateful that she was such a great mother and grand-mother to her children and grandchildren. We love her so much.

As she was blowing out her candles we told her to make a wish. Then someone said..."What did you wish for?" and she replied, "If I tell you it won't come true." Danna teasingly said..."I know what she wished for, because she tells me this everyday. She wishes she could just die in her sleep." Well that is not what we all wish for her. We all love her and hope she has many more birthdays to come. It was a fun time.

We then drove back to Pocatello to stay with my mom. We had a fun visit and stayed with her until Saturday afternoon. We took her to Mama Inez's for lunch and then afterward we went back to her home and she helped me to make a crocheted hanger. She had made some for me for Christmas and I just absolutely loved them. I wanted to learn to make one, so I could make some more for my hangers. I got one made and it turned out really nice.

We then left her home about 3:00 p.m. and arrived in Sandy about 5:30 p.m. to find Delphia and Erin at the house. As I walked in Delphia came up and said "BOO", I scared you, Grandma!" She is so cute and we enjoyed our visit with them until Shane came home from Costco and they went home. Grandchildren are the best and I don't know what I would do without them in my life. It was a fun weekend!

No comments: