Monday, November 23, 2009

The holidays are upon us!

Well I wasn't able to go to Weight Watchers today. I got roped into going down to the L.D.S. Manufacturing this morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. to serve down there. I wasn't a real happy camper last night when Lyndon volunteered the both of us, just because I had alot to do today. I always sign up for service at the cannery every time there is a need. I just had a lot to do today. So in Relief Society I chose not to sign up. Well, the Relief Society Pres. came over last night begging me to go, because no one, beside Camille Smith had signed up. So my dear sweet husband said we would go and I know it was the right thing to do and (truthfully, I had a good time and enjoyed myself, don't tell anyone, will you?) I then came home and tore into my day and got alot accomplished. I am now tired. I was up at 4:30 a.m. so that I could get my exercise in before leaving this morning.

I hope I can get through the holidays without a weight gain. It is hard not to want to bake and eat it too! I am just going to have to have extra willpower!!!

Well I want to wish all of you who read my blog a very Happy Thanksgiving! I know that I have a lot to be thankful for and I and my family have been extremely blessed this past year. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of me. I know that he loves all of his children and wants us to all be happy. I love this quote by Barbara Bush:

To us, family means
putting your arms
around each other
and being there!

It is so true and my family is very good at giving hugs and being there when we need them. Thanks all of my children and their spouses and my wonderful grandchildren for being everything in the world to me and I want you all to know that I love you all so very much! Have a great week everyone!

No comments: