I so enjoyed General Conference! Many of the talks touched me and made me want to do and be better than I am. I love President Monson. He is a Prophet of God and I am thankful for him and his wise counsel and example to us all. I love many of his quotes and want to share just a few of them here: * "Occasionally discouragement may darken our pathway; frustration may be a constant companion. In our ears there may sound the sophistry of Satan as he whispers, "You cannot save the world; your small efforts are meaningless. You haven't time to be concerned about others." Trusting in the Lord, let us turn our heads from such falsehoods and make certain our feet are firmly planted in the path of service and our hearts and souls dedicated to follow the example of the Lord. In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, we can take comfort from his promise; "Be not weary in well doing...out of small things proceedeth that which is great. "Behold the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind." * "It has been said that the gate of history turns on small hinges, and so do people's lives. The choices we make determine our destiny." * "Of course we will face fear, experience ridicule and meet opposition. Let us have the courage to defy the consensus, the courage to stand for principle. Courage, not compromise brings the smile of God's approval. Courage becomes a living and a attractive virtue when it is not regarded only as a willingness to die manfully, but also as a determination to live decently. A moral coward is one who is afraid to do what he thinks is right because others will disapprove or laugh. Remember that all men have their fears, but those who face their fears have diginity as well." * "With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is his son, the only begotten of the father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because he died, all shall live again. "Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives; I know that my Redeemer lives! May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge." I love these quotes given by a Prophet of God. I, too, know and testify that he lives and loves us and wants us to be happy and live with him again. I am grateful for all my many blessings for I know that all I have and enjoy in this life comes from a loving Heavenly Father. Thank you President Monson for your great example and love.
2014 Mountain Biking Heat maps
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment