Monday, April 18, 2011

Are We Prepared to meet the Bridegroom?

I have been thinking about the parable of the Ten Virgins. I love this parable. Emily Freeman wrote a book about these ten women and it is really good and makes each of us truly think about ourselves and how prepared we are to meet the bridegroom (the Savior) when he comes. I have the music that goes with the book and I love listening to it also. There is alot of meaning in each and everyone and I find a bit of myself in each of these women. I want to share the words to two of the songs. They have great meaning for me.


The first song is: "The Shopkeeper on the Hill"


Everyone knows his face, The shopkeeper on the hill. All through the night the light in His window burns As He works the clay And everyone waits to see, The lamp He's designed for her Carefully crafted, perfectly planned to be Just as unique as she. A sculpture of her soul, A vessel carved to hold. The precious oil she needs, He seems to look inside each heart, And shape a work of art. That only He can fill, The shopkeeper on the hill. She knows where she will find, The Shopkeeper on the hill. Rugged and steep, each step of it worth the climb, Whenever she takes the time. He reminds her to return, So her lamp will always burn. With the oil he freely gives, It holds the light to guide her path, He hopes she'll bring the lamp. That only he can fill. His door is open still. The Shopkeeper on the hill.



The second song is called: "When He Comes"


We are all invited to the feast; Each of us is welcome - from the greatest to the least. We hold the invitation in our hands, It's written in each crevice of our own lamp. I promise I'll prepare to be there on that day, Dancing in the glory as we celebrate. Like a lamp the master planned each of us, With his grand design. The oil is the light I will burn through the night, As I wait for Him to come again. There will always be enough, If I run to him to fill it up. Drop by drop by drop, Til I know him perfectly, When he comes for me. Humble hearts are waiting for the day. Faithfully preparing for the chance to light his way. Guardians of the vessels that will burn, Watching for the Master to return. Maker of the gift that only he can fill, Keeper of the precious oil is waiting still. And I will kiss the hands That made my lamp When he comes again I will honor him.

No comments: