Friday, March 25, 2011

Relief Society: Something Extraordinary



I love this video. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love being a member of the Relief Society. It is a blessing in my life and I am so thankful for the great women in my life who have been great examples to me. My mother is my number one hero. She has been an example to me all my life. She and my father taught me the gospel and took me to church. She helped my to love relief society and all that it offers us as sisters.
I love you mom! You are special and I am so thankful and grateful for you! I have other women in my life also that have been great examples to me. These women are friends in my ward, young and old who have taught me much by their examples and service. My two sisters are also two lovely women that I look up to and love so very much.

I truly love visiting teaching. It is such a blessing in my life too! I have a wonderful companion and she has been a great example to me all while I have lived in this ward and now we get to be V.T. companions. I am still learning from this great lady. The sisters we visit are also special and I love them and the things that I learn from them.

I love this quote from Pres. Joseph F. Smith, "Relief Society has not only to deal with the necessities of the poor, the sick and the needy, but a part of it's duty and, the larger part, too, is to look after the spiritual welfare and salvation of the mothers and daughters fo Zion; to see that none is neglected, but that all are guarded against misfortune, calamity, the powers of darkness, and the evils that threaten them in the world."

Elder Ballard also said, "Every sister in this Church who has made covenants with the Lord has a divine mandate to help save souls, to lead the women of the world, to strengthen the homes of Zion, and to build the kingdom of God."

I hope that I can fully fulfill my duties as a wife, mother, sister, teacher, friend and especially a daughter of God and keep the covenants that I have made. Thanks to a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed the women of the church with the opportunity to serve and up-lift others. May we all work towards this end. Be the best you can be!

No comments: