We are leaving on a trip back to Palmyra, New York. We are so excited! We are going with our Stake Presidency. Here is a picture of this beautiful temple. We took our family on a trip here back in 2006. It was wonderful and I will never forget it. So because of that I am looking forward to going again. I hope the weather will be nice and it will be wonderful to see it in the spring time. When we went in 2006 it was August and quite hot.
In this picture, this is an area that you see as you enter the temple. When you look out of these windows you can see the Sacred Grove. When building this temple, they were going to put and office here and Pres. Hinckley told them that he wanted beautiful windows there instead. He said, "I want to be in the Temple and look out at the temple also." (Meaning the Sacred Grove)I love the church history and these places are so sacred. I am grateful for the opportunity to go once again.

2 comments:
Happy Vacationing Mama! Have a fabulous time.
We hope you have a wonderful trip! What a great adventure. The church history sites are so special. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment