Sunday, December 4, 2011

Apostles of the Lord

Neil L. Anderson

L. Tom Perry


These great men are Apostle's of the Lord Jesus Christ. We had the priviledge of having them come to our stake to teach in the 3rd Ward of the Crescent North Stake. Lyndon invited me to attend the sacrament meeting that they were speaking in. It was so marvelous and I felt the spirit so strongly. They talked of Christ, they preached of Christ and gave us a charge to teach about the Savior in our homes, to our children and make sure that they gain a testimony of him and to know that he lives! He lives! This I know and hope that all of my own children know that he lives and loves each of them and all of his children. I have set a goal to read about the Savior this month each day. To read about his life from the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for the opportunity and the end of the meeting to get to shake hands with these wonderful men. After the meeting they asked all priesthood ages 12 on up to meet in the Relief Society room and these men from this ward, including my husband were taught at the feet of Prophets, for two hours. Lyndon said afterwards that the meeting was wonderful and very instructive to the priesthood brethren and he took several pages of notes. I wished I could have been a fly on the wall and could have heard what was taught. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. So blessed to have many temples in our midst and I am so grateful that Lyndon and I go almost weekly to attend the temple. It is a blessing in my life! I pray that this Christmas Season that each of my children will remember the Savior and all that he has done for them and each of us. I love the Savior and know that he lives and loves each and everyone of us.

I love my family! They are everything to me! That is what this life is all about is being and doing things with our families. It has been a tremendous day and I have truly felt the spirit as I attended my own meetings. I substituted in primary today and taught the sunbeams. They are sweet little children and so special in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. It was a blessing to teach them today. Life is good and I am thankful for this Christmas Season. A time to reflect on all of our blessings of the past year and remember from whom all blessings come. I hope all who read this will feel gratitude in their hearts for all that they have been blessed with.



No comments: