Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stake Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful Stake Conference! We had the adult meeting saturday night and did a dinner for the Stake Presidency and wives and for Elder Keetch and his wife. It was delicious and then we attended the Saturday evening session of the conference. It was so good and I gained so much by being there. The Sunday morning youth fireside was really good. It was at 8:00 a.m. and then I had to practice with the choir for the conference at 9:00 a.m. It was fun to sing with the choir. Music truly helps bring the spirit to the meeting. Plus I got to sit in nice comfortable seats. Then the conference began at 10:00 a.m. All of the speakers did a wonderful job. I loved Elder Higgs talk and after he spoke Mikhail Bain and Heather Higgs spoke. They are two lovely young women in our stake. They talked on service and seminary. Then Elder Von Keetch spoke to us. He talked about many things, but mostly about service to others. One of the quotes her shared with us that he said is on a plaque in their home says this..."If you don't like your lot in life....Build a Service Station." I loved it and am going to make a plaque to go in our home with that saying. It really struck me! I am so grateful for my membership in the church. I am grateful for my knowledge of it and for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know it is true, beyond a shadow of a doubt and have always known it. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful husband and strong and wonderful children and grandchildren. I love them all and I am so glad and blessed to call them my own.
Life is truly good through the ups and the downs. We learn from all these experiences and they are all for our good.

No comments: