Monday, September 6, 2010

Huge! I mean HUGE! Garage cleaning out session!

Today we started cleaning out our big three car garage around 8:30 a.m. We cleaned out the kitchen cabinets from two years ago. You know... the ones Spencer smoke bombed! We borrowed a long trailer from a neighbor and hauled over half of them out to Shane and Erin's. They wanted them. It is nice to have them out of the garage. Then we spent the rest of the day moving everything out of the garage. We even tore down the shelving. We have dumpsters that the city provides once a year coming to our street on the 15th of this month and so we also have hugh pile of junk that will go into that along with all the old shelving. We still have a bit more to clean out, but not much. We hope to finish with that on Wednesday evening.

Then hopefully with some help from family we are going to reinforce the brick walls of the garage to make it more earthquake proof and keep the roof from falling down should the brick crumble. It has been a huge, dirty job, but someone had to do it and so the work of the garage project moves forward. It will be nice when it is all done. I will take pictures tomorrow.

I am working at the temple tomorrow morning and then at 11:30 a.m. I will be heading to the Murray Cannery to help with our stake's corn canning assignment. It should be a full day. I am tired and so the pictures will come tomorrow evening. I have never seen our garage so clean, but that is because it is all outside of the garage right now. Now everyone just pray that we don't get any unexpected rain storms before we get this project finished. Lyndon says he will cover everything with tarps, but I will just pray for no rain for a week or so. Well good night all, until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lanette said...

Love it! Doing major cleaning/ getting rid of stuff projects always make me happy =) Plus reinforcements are such a great idea. I hope the rain steers clear of your place for you and that you had a wonderful morning of temple service!