Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Setting new goals for myself!

I have been sick of my weight for almost 5 years now. I went to my endocrinologist on the 24th of September and when he told me my hdl and ldl were not where they should be and that losing these extra pounds would make a huge difference in my health and my energy levels...I decided to take it to heart and I went back to Weight Watchers. I went to Weight Watchers on Tuesday and then to the doctor on Thursday. So I had already made a commitment. The first week I wrote down everything I ate in my food journal. That made a huge difference, being in control of what I was eating. I also took more time eating and enjoying each bite of food instead of eating and gobbling it down so fast. So after a week I went and weighed in and I lost 2.5 pounds and I was elated. I really couldn't tell that I had lost weight and so it was wonderful! I am now on a weight loss journey because I am feeling so good and I am in control. I haven't been in control of my diet since 2005.



I purchased at the store (multi-grain sandwich thins from Orrowheat). They are real good. I have had sandwiches with them and I really like them. They are only 1 point. This morning I made a breakfast sandwich with them. I put an egg, 2 slices of canadian bacon, warmed, 2 T. low fat grated cheese and a slice of tomatoe. It was so good and then a cup of fruit. Loved it!!!

I am trying different recipes because I love to have variety in my diet. I just feel better than I have in so long and I want to keep it up and make this a life-style change for good. I have 40 pounds to lose and I am going to blog about how I am doing each day and some of the recipes that I am trying. It is going to be a great journey of self-awareness and learning to appreciate my body and to take better care of it! I like this quote and it is my thought for the week....




If you can imagine it,
You can achieve it.
If you can dream it,
You can become it!


It is a great thought to keep in mind all week!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you switched to blogspot. Hope you enjoy it!! Good luck with your weightloss journey. I need to join you. Getting serious and committed is the hardest part.