Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We had a wonderful 4th of July Weekend. We went to Pocatello for Saturday and Sunday. I went to a baby shower that my sister was having for her daughter in law, Tracie. It was fun and she had a lot of family there and she received alot of nice things. Lyndon went over to his brother Ed's home and helped him with a project they have been working on. Then we visited with family Saturday evening and on Sunday attended church with my mom then had dinner and then headed home. We stopped in Tremonton and visited with Lyndon's mom and his sister and brother in law, Danna and Don Koyle. We had a nice visit with them. I have to say that Danna makes the most wonderful tasting rolls. Her strawberries were divine and I also sampled some banana bread that was delicious. I don't know how she stays so skinny with all the baking she does. She just, must not eat any of it or at least doesn't eat what I would probably do if I baked that much. Danna you are awesome and truly amazing. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Danna is such a great host and always so welcoming to anyone that stops in. We always enjoy visiting there.

Then on Monday, July 4th, Lyndon power washed the siding on the house and I did some housework that needed doing. Then we went to lunch and a movie later on in the afternoon. We went to the movie, "Larry Crowne". It had Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in it. It was a cute show. Then we came home had a light dinner, a piece of homemade Rhubarb pie and some ice cream and just relaxed the rest of the night. It was pretty quiet day. Our kids were all doing other things and so we enjoyed the day together. It was nice. We don't very often get to be together just the two of us. Loved it! Well, I hope you all had a nice July 4th and that the rest of your week goes well also. Tah! Tah! for now!

No comments: