Sunday, June 26, 2011

A True Friend



I loved watching this video about how important being a great example as a friend can be. It can lead our friends unto Christ and make them want to be a better person. I just returned home from Girls Rough Camp. We had a wonderful week. The weather couldn't have been better and we all had a great experience. The theme was: "For Such A Time As This". We focused on women of the church that have been great examples of faith and integrity, from the past and the present. It was amazing what the wards did with their personal woman of faith. I was truly amazed at how all of the young women showed love and friendship to each other and served each other and the leaders. I truly felt the spirit there and loved the experience. Although I am most glad to get to come home and have a nice warm shower and feel clean and be out of the sun and dirt. It truly makes me appreciate the women pioneers and all that they went through on their long trek being in the wilderness.

Thinking about friendship I want to share a few quotes on being a good friend and example.

"Do you know how to recognize a true friend? A real friend loves us and protects us. In recognizing a true friend we must look for two important elements in that friendship: A true friend makes it easier to live the gospel by being around him. Simularly, a true friend does not make us choose between his way and the Lord's way.

Choose your friends carefully. They will greatly influence how you think and act, and even determine the person you will become.

Show interest in others and let them know you care about them. Go out of your way to be a friend to those who are shy or don't feel included.

To have good friends, be a good friend yourself.

I love the gospel and am grateful for the opportunity to serve in the Stk. Y.W. Presidency. I am learning alot and love and appreciate the women that I serve with. I love the young women and I learn alot from them and their wonderful personalities, talents and service to each other. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know my Savior lives and that I am truly a daughter of God.
I hope that all of my family members know this too and will always strive to be good examples and friends to others. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing this Debbie. Our theme for girls cammp this year is all about friendship. Based on the article in the Feb. New Era "Where will your friends take you?" I have to prepare a 5 min message about being a friend to Christ for our faithwalk. Your thoughts have given me some inspiration! Thanks!
I'm sorry we didn't get to visit with you & Lyndon this weekend. I really wanted to spend some time with you. Saturday was with my family, Monday is with Doug's...wish you could have stayed! Love ya!