Well, Christmas is almost here. Thank goodness all my gifts are bought and wrapped and most of them are under the tree. I started getting sick on Thursday. By Saturday morning I was not feeling well at all. Lyndon said to get my behind into insta-care that morning and so I did. I have a heavy duty sinus infection going on. It feels like it too! I have a headache, the bones in my face hurt to even touch them. I am coughing, because of drainage and constantly blowing my poor, sore little nose. Poor thing is all red. The doctor put me on a powerful dose of amoxicillian. It seems to be doing the trick. I am staying home from church and just resting my tired sick body today. I want to be well for Christmas and with the anti-biotics in me I should be good as new for the holidays. Thank goodness for medicine!
I have been getting sick for the last several months and we couldn't figure out why. Well, the paint in our bedroom in one corner has been peeling off since August. Friday, Lyndon peeled more paint off and found that the sheet rock is mouldy and so is the insulation. We found that the brick outside has some places in it that is not sealed and the water from the sprinklers on that side of the house has been soaking into the insulation and sheet rock. I talked to the doctor about my being sick so often and she said that that very well could be some of the cause of my being sick so often. So yesterday as I was resting, Lyndon removed furniture from our room and tore that wall, sheet rock and insulation out. It was pretty bad. We found that the walls didn't even have two by fours under the sheet rock, just firring strips. Duh! So we have to take down the sheet rock where the other window is, because it is done the same way. We will probably have to do all the bedrooms this winter and get them fixed. So guess what we are getting each other for Christmas? A newly done bedroom. I guess it is time, we were just going to wait until spring, but we are starting it early. It has been 15 years since we last painted, so it is time. I am excited to get it done, just didn't expect to have all this extra work to do, but it must be done.
Well life goes on and we have been richly blessed this past year. I am grateful for all my many blessings and for such a wonderful family that I love. I hope all of you reading this has a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! We love you all!
2014 Mountain Biking Heat maps
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment